News From the 2019 Chicago Auto Show
The Chicago Auto Show is one of the largest in the country, and here at Sam Leman Automotive Group we’re always excited to learn about the latest technologies, fresh design concepts, and new models that are presented at the event. Take a look at some of the new vehicles that made their debut at the Chicago Auto Show, then come see them in person when they arrive at our downstate Illinois showrooms!
The big news from Chevy is the debut of the 2019 Chevrolet Blazer. This mid-size crossover SUV features seating for up to five and is available with either front-wheel or all-wheel drive. Features include Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, 4G LTE in-car Wi-Fi, and satellite radio. We’re sure the new Blazer will be a big hit with drivers throughout the and area.
There are five Ford models that were unveiled at the Chicago Auto Show:
- 2020 Ford Explorer
- The new updated 2020 Explorer will have four engine options, including a hybrid model. Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, heated front and rear seats, premium audio, navigation, and a panoramic sunroof are just some of the standard features.
- 2019 Ford F-150 Harley-Davidson
- Customized and sold by Tuscany, the F-150 Harley-Davidson features trim-specific wheels, Harley-Davidson badges on the tailgate and grille, and also on the leather seats. The exhaust pipes and running boards also feature motorcycle-themed details.
- 2020 Mustang Shelby GT500
- Anyone interested in the new GT500 will want to know about the performance. Under the hood is a “700-plus” hp 5.2L supercharged V8 paired to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. Ford reports that the GT500 can sprint from 0-60 mph in just 3.5 seconds and can race a quarter-mile in under 11 seconds.
- 2019 Ford Ranger
- The return of the mid-size Ranger pickup truck will be celebrated by many area drivers. The new Ranger has standard rear-wheel drive with four-wheel drive as an available option, and is loaded with features such as Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, and a Wi-Fi hotspot. The Ranger is available in only SuperCab and SuperCrew configurations.
- 2020 Ford Super Duty
- When the job calls for a heavy-duty truck, the 2020 Super Duty is the answer. Three powerful engines are offered, and the truck can be equipped with single rear wheels or dual rear wheels. Feature highlights include power running boards, a navigation system, remote-release tailgate, heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seats, Pro Trailer Backup Assist, and a Wi-Fi hotspot.
We’re finally getting the Jeep pickup truck back after many years, and like you, we can’t wait to get behind the wheel of the new 2020 Jeep Gladiator! Like the Wrangler, on which this truck is based, it will feature a removable top, removable doors, and a fold-flat windshield, making it the only open-air pickup truck on the market. The superior Jeep 4×4 system means this is a truck built for some serious off-roading.
The new 2019 Mazda3 was unveiled at the show, and it is a crowd pleaser. Available as a 4 door sedan or a 5 door hatchback, the Mazda3 is offered with a choice of four different 4-cylinder engines, including a turbo diesel. With the long list of features such as Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, a navigation system, head-up display, heated front seats, and a power sunroof, we expect the Mazda3 to get a lot of attention when it lands in our showrooms.
These two all-new RAM trucks are sure to be popular with local businesses looking for a capable and versatile heavy-duty vehicle:
- 2019 RAM Chassis Cab
- Available Engines: 410 hp 6.4L V8 (370 hp in the 4500 and 500 variants), and a 360 hp 6.7L inline-6 Cummins turbo diesel.
- Features: Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, Wi-Fi hotspot, dual-zone climate control, heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seats, navigation, smart cruise control, and satellite radio.
- 2019 RAM Heavy Duty
- Available Engines: 400 hp 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel, and a 410 hp 6.4L V8.
- Maximum Towing Capacity: 35,100 pounds for the diesel engine when properly equipped.
- Features: RamBox cargo storage, dual-zone automatic climate control, heated and cooled front seats, power sunroof, navigation, satellite radio, and remote start.
Four new and exciting 2020 Toyota models were revealed at the show:
- 2020 Toyota Supra
- The all-new Toyota Supra is a rear-wheel drive, 2-seat sports coupe, powered by a 3.0L turbocharged I-6 engine that provides 335 hp with 365 lb-ft of torque. Toyota says that it will go from 0-60 in 4.1 seconds. Heated leather seats, Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, a head-up display, and forward collision warning are just a few of the many features offered.
- 2020 Toyota Corolla
- The 12th generation of this popular Toyota sedan has been updated to the Toyota New Global Architecture Platform (TNGA) and is completely redesigned. It is lighter, more fuel efficient, safer, and has a sportier, more athletic styling.
- 2020 Toyota Rav4
- For 2020 the new Rav4 gets a TRD Off-Road badge, and is equipped with off-road suspension, dynamic torque vectoring all-wheel drive, all-terrain tires, and exclusive TRD exterior and interior design cues.
- 2020 Toyota Tacoma
- This best-selling mid-size truck gets a new TRD Pro off-road model which comes with advanced Crawl Control (CRAWL), a locking rear differential, and new tech features such as a Multi-Terrain Monitor and a Panoramic View Monitor.
Find the Latest New Vehicles at Sam Leman Automotive Group
If you want to get behind the wheel of one of these exciting new models when they arrive at Sam Leman Automotive Group, contact us to schedule a test drive. We expect to be adding these cars, trucks, and SUVs to our huge new vehicle inventory soon, so whether you’re looking to buy or to lease, you’ll always find a great deal!
More From Sam Leman Automotive Group
If you’ve been looking to buy or sell a car recently, you may have noticed that used car prices have been going up across the country. Finance CenterContact Us Why are car prices going up? It’s all due to the coronavirus pandemic which has caused supply chain issues and altered buying patterns, resulting in…
With its reputation for delivering rugged performance and strong towing capabilities, the RAM 1500 is designed to meet the challenges of your Central Illinois job site. If you need a pickup truck that is a real workhorse, you’ll want to take a look at the 2021 RAM 1500 trim levels to choose the model…
The Jeep Renegade is one of the most popular models in the Jeep lineup, offering strong performance and superior off-road prowess. Along with these robust capabilities, this compact Jeep SUV also comes loaded with convenient features that will enhance any drive in the Central Illinois area. Perhaps best of all, the 2021 Jeep Renegade…