Things to Do in Bloomington-Normal, IL
Planning some time out with loved ones or just looking for some last minute fun? With Bloomington-Normal, you can switch between two cities worth of activities and options by simply crossing the street. Discover the best these twin cities have to offer with Sam Leman Automotive Group!
Things to Do in Bloomington
- Prairie Aviation Museum: Explore the exhibits in the museum and then head out to the Air Park to view the collection of three helicopters and eight aircraft on display. Visit on Open Cockpit days to view aircraft they are in the process of restoring.
- Miller Park Zoo: Unique animals like the Pallas’ cat, Sumatran tiger, and red pandas fill the indoor and outdoor exhibits of the zoo. Top off your visit with one of the daily animal feedings or carousel rides for a great day out for the whole family.
- Lil Beaver Brewery: Get together with some friends for an afternoon tasting delectable locally brewed craft beers, or check out one of their many events including yoga in the taproom.
- Central Illinois Flying Aces: Sports fans can catch a hockey game from the local Flying Aces, a member of the United States Hockey League (USHL), the only Tier one junior hockey league in the county
- David Davis Mansion: Built in 1872, the Davis Mansion is where U.S. Supreme Court Judge and Abraham Lincoln associate David Davis once lived. Filled with design and technologies of the time, this destination provides a view into a different time in our county.
Things to Do in Normal
- Children’s Discovery Museum: Bring the kids out to enjoy learning through the fun, interactive exhibits at this museum. Highlights include a climbing wall, customizable mural, and the new ImagineAir Exhibit.
- University Galleries: From world-renowned artists like Salvador Dali to showings from talented local artists, Illinois State University offers art lovers a place to gather.
- Ironwood Golf Course: With a Par 72 championship layout ranging from 5400 to 7100 yards, there will plenty to challenge even the most seasoned golfer.
- Uptown Normal: Found near the intersection of Beaufort Street and Constitution Boulevard, Uptown Normal offers a wide selection of shops, dining options, and entertainment.
Connect to Central Illinois With Sam Leman Automotive Group
While Bloomington and Normal, IL are considered sister cities, they each offer their own special attractions for locals and visitors to enjoy. You can count on the associates at Sam Leman Automotive Group to direct to the best each city has to offer, whether you are ready for a night out at some of the area’s best restaurants, enjoy camping, are looking for the perfect chocolatey treat, the best wineries, or want to find things to do in Champaign-Urbana, or Peoria. Feel free to contact us for more recommendations! Were you unable to make it upstate for the 2019 Chicago Auto Show? No problem! You can relive the event with us to get exciting updates on 2020 models from Jeep, Toyota, and more.
More From Sam Leman Automotive Group
If you’ve been looking to buy or sell a car recently, you may have noticed that used car prices have been going up across the country. Finance CenterContact Us Why are car prices going up? It’s all due to the coronavirus pandemic which has caused supply chain issues and altered buying patterns, resulting in…
With its reputation for delivering rugged performance and strong towing capabilities, the RAM 1500 is designed to meet the challenges of your Central Illinois job site. If you need a pickup truck that is a real workhorse, you’ll want to take a look at the 2021 RAM 1500 trim levels to choose the model…
The Jeep Renegade is one of the most popular models in the Jeep lineup, offering strong performance and superior off-road prowess. Along with these robust capabilities, this compact Jeep SUV also comes loaded with convenient features that will enhance any drive in the Central Illinois area. Perhaps best of all, the 2021 Jeep Renegade…